General (All Resources Available):


Mental Health and Wellbeing


International SOS


Student Well-being Committee

The Student Well-being Committee is a group of students, staff, and faculty working together to address student health and well-being. The SWBC is driven by student ideas and initiatives, with the goal of opening dialogues to improve student experiences.

The 5 current working topics of the SWBC are the following:

1. Communication
2. Stress and mental health, general wellness
3. Building condition, comfort, and safety
4. Technology and fabrication
5. Structure and culture of the School

The Azrieli School Student Well-being Committee is trying to collect student feedback to open a dialogue and to improve student experiences. This is a tool for conversation. Information will be shared and discussed.

The role of this portal is to understand student experience and gather data in order to, as best we can, serve the students at the Azrieli School of Architecture and Urbanism and support your well-being needs. There is no guarantee that we can resolve or act upon all the suggestions and feedback given, however, our aim is to gather information from our students in order to make informed decisions moving forward.

*This is not a regularly monitored portal, and is intended to be used for feedback, NOT for emergency situations. For support and access to resources related to well-being, please view our resource links.


How could student well-being be improved at the Azrieli School of Architecture and Urbanism? Please use THIS FORM or click the button below to describe your suggestions, concerns or thoughts on well-being at the school. You can consider broad areas of improvement in terms of well-being and mental health programs, make suggestions for new extracurricular programs or tutorials, speak to conditions of the physical or working environment at the school, etc. Please be as specific as you desire.


In an on-campus emergency, please contact Campus Security (613-520-4444).

Student Health and Counselling Services

Carleton University Student Resources


Therapy Assisted Online (TAO)

Carleton is committed to providing academic accessibility for all individuals. You may need special arrangements to meet your academic obligations during the term. For an accommodation request the processes are as follows:

Pregnancy obligation: write to your instructor with any requests for academic accommodation during the first two weeks of class, or as soon as possible after the need for accommodation is known to exist. For more details see link below.

Religious obligation: write to your instructor with any requests for academic accommodation during the first two weeks of class, or as soon as possible after the need for accommodation is known to exist. For more details see link below Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities: The Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities (PMC) provides services to students with Learning Disabilities (LD), psychiatric/mental health disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), chronic medical conditions, and impairments in mobility, hearing, and vision. If you have a disability requiring academic accommodations in this course, please contact PMC at 613-520-6608 or for a formal evaluation. If you are already registered with the PMC, contact your PMC coordinator to send me your Letter of Accommodation at the beginning of the term, and no later than two weeks before the first in-class scheduled test or exam requiring accommodation (if applicable). After requesting accommodation from PMC, meet with your instructor to ensure accommodation arrangements are made. Please consult the PMC website for the deadline to request accommodations for the formally-scheduled exam (if applicable).

Survivors of Sexual Violence
As a community, Carleton University is committed to maintaining a positive learning, working and living environment where sexual violence will not be tolerated, and survivors are supported through academic accommodations as per Carleton’s Sexual Violence Policy. For more information about the services available at the university and to obtain information about sexual violence and/or support:

Accommodation for Student Activities
Carleton University recognizes the substantial benefits, both to the individual student and for the university, that result from a student participating in activities beyond the classroom experience. Reasonable accommodation must be provided to students who compete or perform at the national or international level. Please contact your instructor with any requests for academic accommodation during the first two weeks of class, or as soon as possible after the need for accommodation is known to exist.


For more information on academic accommodation, please contact the departmental administrator or visit:

Students with disabilities requiring academic accommodation in courses must register with the Paul Menton
Centre for Students with Disabilities (PMC) for a formal evaluation of disability-related needs. Documented
disabilities could include but are not limited to mobility/physical impairments, specific Learning Disabilities (LD),
psychiatric/psychological disabilities, sensory disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and
chronic medical conditions. Registered PMC students are required to contact the PMC, 613-520-6608 every term
to ensure that your instructor receives your Letter of Accommodation no later than two weeks before the first
assignment is due or the first in-class test/midterm requiring accommodations. If you only require
accommodations for your formally scheduled exam(s) in this course, please submit your request for
accommodations to PMC by the deadlines published on the PMC website:

It is strongly recommended that students purchase a laptop with the following specifications:


CPU Processor: CPU is the most important part of a laptop. The better the CPU, the faster your computer is at handling programs. We recommend a 6-core processor with at least a 2.4 ghz clock speed.


Graphics Card (GPU): A dedicated graphics card is also very important, especially for later years. Many architecture software packages (e.g., Rhino and Revit) use GPU hardware acceleration to obtain the best performance results. We recommend a Nvidia card with at least 4 GB of VRAM.


RAM (Random Access Memory): is used for storing temporary files to be accessed by the CPU. It dictates how many programs your laptop can run at one time. Adobe CC (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Rhino, and visualisation (rendering) software all use a lot of RAM so we recommend at least 16 gb.


Storage: (HDD vs SSD): An SSD is much faster but more expensive than an HDD. We recommend purchasing a laptop with enough SSD space for the Operating System (OS) and your architecture software (min. 512 gb).


We suggest purchasing an external HDD to store your files. Visualization and presentation files can be quite large, therefore we suggest a 1TB external HDD.


Connectivity: (external displays, USB ports, SD card slot): Beyond the internal components, you should also be aware of the ports on a laptop. Look for a HDMI, DisplayPort, or Thunderbolt 3 ports, especially if you plan on connecting your laptop to a secondary monitor. You may also consider an SD card slot.

The Fab Lab offers a variety of services to assist students with their projects. These services include poster printing, laser cutting, CNC machining, sewing & embroidery, vinyl cutting, scanning, 3D printing, and loaning photography equipment. For more information, visit the Fab Lab’s website or Instagram page, or in person at the Architecture Building room 235.